COMMUNITY

VISION
||
Having a vision is as important as putting in work. This day was very important to me, I spoke at @uncf_la fundraiser explaining to donors that an investment in UNCF has a multiplier for generations because guys like me who didn’t have...
continue reading
YOUTH EDUCATION
||
ME: “If anyone can tell me what a stock is I’ll give you “$1000 right now.” THEM: super excited but don’t know. ME: “if anyone can tell me what a bond is I’ll give you $5000 right now.” THEM: going...
continue reading
INVESTOR OF THE YEAR
||
I actually don’t talk about my job on here a lot, mostly focused on helping founders raise capital and angel investors make better investment decisions. But yesterday I was honored with Investor Of The Year Award from @blackenterprise #techconnext for the work I’ve...
continue reading
RICHELIUE DENNIS
||
#RicheliueDennis has inspired me more in the last 9 months than anyone else. His story, from Liberia, is simply amazing. From selling Shea Moisture on the corners of Harlem to selling the company to Unilever for high 9 figures! If you...
continue reading
TECHNOLOGY SUMMIT AT MANDALAY BAY
||
@nbaalumni really leading the effort to educate retired players in investing. Imagine if a big portion of retired players increased their ownership and passive income. We could have 100 black venture capital firms overnight with retired players. Jay Z, Nas, Kobe,...
continue reading
BANKJOY
||
Another black #fintech founder quietly doing the work. #BankJoy is an amazing company out of Y Combinator founded by Michael Duncan, who worked for years at a credit union himself, first as a programmer, then later promoted to manage the company’s online and mobile...
continue reading
ICO WATCHDOG
||
@icowatchdog was started by @newsum, another black fintech founder in Los Angeles. If you are in the tech community in LA and don’t know show please connect. Over a decade ago he founded IPO Watchdog, which did a similar thing but for...
continue reading
WIZELY
||
I’d like to profile a Black founder in LA who many of you have never heard of but has raised more than $5m of seed capital! @parisben is the Founder or a Wizely finance. Before he made any revenue he has raised...
continue reading
GET A LIFE
||
While studying we reviewed John 5:2-8 when Jesus told the paralyzed man who was waiting for a healing for 38 years to “Get Up, pick up your mat and walk!” Not only do I want to share that scripture with...
continue reading
TRACTION
||
How can you meet black VC’s you ask? The best way is TRACTION! We talk about deals all the time. We exchange deal flow all the time. Guys like Lindsay Lee at Authentic Ventures, a brilliant investor in this pic....
continue reading